Saturday, July 2, 2011

Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables

I'm not so much a meat-eater.  I love my fruits and veggies.  My Friend is also a veggie kind of girl, so when I found this recipe, I knew she would enjoy it as much as I would.  And I was right!  It was fabulous!  So here is your Saturday recipe, complements of June/July "Taste of Home" magazine.

Marvelous Mediterranean Vegetables (p. 68)

3 large portabella mushrooms
1 each sweet red, orange, yellow peppers
1 medium zucchini
10 fresh asparagus spears, cut into thirds
1 small onion, cut into rings
3/4 cup grape tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh sugar snap peas
1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
1/2 cup pitted Greek olives
1 bottle (14 oz) Greek vinaigrette
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Directions:
1)  Slice veggies and place in large resealable plastic bag.  Add vinaigrette into bag, seal, and turn to coat.  Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2)  Drain veggies and transfer to a grill wok or grill basket.  Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.  If you don't have a grill basket, use a disposable foil pan.  Poke holes into the bottom of pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
3)  Place on serving plate and sprinkle with feta cheese.

YUMMY!!!  Make sure to enjoy this dish with a veggie lover.  It makes nine servings, so if you are like your veggies but you are married to a meat kind of guy (like I am!), you need to make this and invite someone over to enjoy it with you.  It rains on my food party when I have to share something this delicious with someone who doesn't appreciate it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment