Sunday, July 10, 2011

First TV, then the newspaper

I know it sounds crazy, but I managed to be on the news on Wednesday and in the newspaper on Saturday!  Completely unplanned, but very fun :)  All of my "fame" is here and gone all at the same time!  If you want to read about handling pests in your garden, take a look here.  My new gardening friend Amy Grisak is a well-published free-lance writer of gardening articles for various magazines like Mother Earth News and Hobby Farms as well as our local newspaper.  Pretty easy way to get into the paper, huh?  She helped me identify the issues with my swiss chard, and then helped again with my beets.  When she heard that I also had potato bugs, she said I inspired her to write an article on pest control in the newspaper.  I should have bought a paper on Saturday. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment