Tuesday, July 5, 2011

While the cat's away

While the cat is away, this mouse will reupholster furniture! Jeremy took the kiddos camping for three days last week and I got to stay home by myself (luxury, luxury, luxury!!).  Beyond spending hours upon hours getting ready for the upcoming school year (and ignoring the garden!), I finally got to do some of those really LONG projects that I never have the time or energy for.  I got this glider rocker three years ago at a yard sale, and over the past three years it has gotten a little, um, sad.  It was so sad that I couldn't even cover the cushions--I had to make new ones!  With the help of my friend Summer, we got this little project done (plus dinner, plus a lot of talking) in 5 1/2 hours.

Sad, sad, sad.  The back cushion can't even stand on its own!

Three inch foam is NOT easy to cut!  Especially in a semi-circle!

When friends help with projects, I actually gt into a picture!  Do you like the pattern I made?

Almost like new again!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! And how fun to have the time to accomplish so many tasks in peace and quiet! :-)

    ReplyDelete